We are looking for a new team member who is:
- A fast thinker – being reactive, with strong abilities to prioritise and multitask. You show a willingness to undertake challenges and see them as opportunities to learn and develop.
- A fixer – a creative and multi-skilled problem solver. You show strong attention to detail and take pride in your work.
- A finisher – task-oriented and process-driven. Once you start a job, you persist until a solution is provided.
- A people person – with a strong customer service mentality. This is not just a behind the scenes role.
- A ‘can-do’ team member – compatible with working across multiple disciplines amongst a small team whose roles often overlap.
- Experience and a keen interest in DIY.
- A keen eye for tidiness, arrangement and housekeeping.
- Understanding of common online software, computer hardware and technical troubleshooting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (in order of most time spent):
- Daily, weekly and monthly monitoring and maintenance of coworking facilities.
- Assisting Community Managers
- Stock-taking and order processing.
- Being a friendly and helpful point of contact for members, guests and suppliers.
- IT problem-solving involving maintaining, fixing and replacing equipment.
- Preparing light refreshments for members.
Example List of Duties and Responsibilities may include:
Daily, weekly and monthly maintenance of coworking facilities:
- Completing daily, weekly and monthly tasks such as caring for plants, changing batteries & lightbulbs, opening/closing down of certain kitchen facilities and more.
- Completing audits of our facilities to maintain a high degree of working order.
- Maintaining, fixing and replacing equipment where needed.
- Tidying, organising and decluttering across all areas.
- Liaising with, assigning tasks and quality-checking the work of the cleaning team.
- Understand and implement various health & safety and fire safety action points where instructed.
- Liaising with the external Building Manager where needed.
Assisting Community Managers
- Preparing the Lofts for tours and the arrival of new members.
- Preparing the space for internal events and resetting afterwards.
- Preparing the space for external hire (e.g. meeting room hire, photoshoots, filming).
- Carrying/moving stock and deliveries.
- Helping to restock coffee machines, fruit waters, fridges, snacks etc.
- Responding to certain cleaning tasks that arise (e.g. wiping spillages, removing plates from lounges, washing up, taking out rubbish, toilet checks etc.).
- Covering various team roles across lunchtime, sickness and holidays.
- Taking inbound phone calls and directing them to the relevant team member, covering enquiries, partnership queries, membership queries and more.
- Aiding in relocating mail from building receptions to Community Managers.
- Assisting with maintaining member boundaries ensuring members do not negatively impact the space for others.
Stock-taking & order processing
- Maintain stock levels for kitchen supplies, printing supplies, general office supplies, events, catering etc.
Being a friendly and helpful point of contact for members, guests and suppliers
- Getting to know and engaging in conversation with members to build positive relationships.
- Responding appropriately to member feedback and complaints.
IT problem-solving involving maintaining, fixing and replacing equipment
- Liaising with ISPs to solve internet problems when they arise.
- Providing regular status updates to Community Managers when fixing/solving issues.
- Using GSuite and various company IT systems to manage tasks.
- Assessing technical hardware issues and implementing an appropriate solution.
Preparing of light refreshments for members
- Setting out pastries, biscuits, cakes, and other treats for our members.
20 days annual leave, plus public holidays.
1-day additional annual leave for your birthday.
Free GP and dentist appointments.
Unlimited, free after-work drinks every Friday.
Quarterly Beehive Parties with all members.
Working alongside an extremely happy team with continual support from your managers.
How to Apply:
Please send our Director Katie an email at [email protected] to request an application form.
Once applications have been submitted, select applicants will be invited for an interview.
Date of posting: Tuesday 12th April 2022
Apply through email
Send an email to [email protected] with your introduction and CV attached.
This job application does not have a deadline. We will keep the position open until the correct candidate is found. If selected, the next step will be a video call or face to face interview.
£22-24k with a yearly increase capping at £28k.
If selected, you will be working across both of our Ancoats locations.
This is a full-time position. You’re required to work 40 hours spread over 5 days a week.